Please scroll down to fill in the mentor registration form. All submissions are confidential.
For more information about the program, please view Program Information or contact Deputy Principal, Cris Clucas email@example.com
Rationale & Objectives
Mentoring programs are designed to enable the smooth transition from one educational or career context to another. The Burgmann College program seeks to provide senior students with opportunities to learn about future career options and assist with their movement into their chosen professional fields.
The specific objectives of the program are to:
• Enable mentees to acquire knowledge about particular career and work environments, including organisational cultures and expectations.
• Provide mentees with the opportunities to develop new personal and professional skills.
• Improve the future employment options for mentees.
• Enable networking activities for both mentees and mentors, and
• Enhance the connections between the College and professional/business individuals and organisations.
Requests of Mentors
The College recognises that mentors provide their time and expertise free of charge and that mentees need to be conscious of this in their negotiations with their mentors. However, in expressing a willingness to be involved in the program, it is hoped that mentors will:
• Agree to meet or connect online with the mentee at least twice.
• Note the mentee’s proposed outcomes and negotiate with them on their (possible) achievement.
• Provide guidance to the mentee(s) as appropriate.
• Inform the Deputy Principal or Director of Advancement of any matters of concern.
• Provide the College with feedback on their mentoring relationship(s) and the Program at its conclusion for the year.