Welcome to your home away from home
There is no better way to be a part of University life and enhance your University experience than living at Burgmann in our thriving learning community on the ANU campus.
You are welcomed into an environment where you will make lasting friendships with people from around the world and participate in a wide range of social and educational activities.
Nothing beats the convenience of living on campus which provides you with easy access to all University health, counselling, sporting, library, academic and social facilities.
Fun, convenience and friendship
These are reasons often given by students who live in a university residence. Of these, supportive student friendship is the most prevalent and this is Burgmann’s main focus. Add in excellent pastoral care, academic assistance, leadership opportunities, great IT facilities, on-site residential staff and an inclusive environment and you are describing Burgmann College.
Burgmann also has an indefinable quality of spirit. It has to do with the loyalty, support and the broad goodwill among our residents which create lifelong friendships. Indeed, the College goes out of its way to help residents make the most of their time at university and to build a strong platform for life after graduation.
As an affiliated College, we take pride in our independence and our commitment to partnering with the ANU, Australia’s National University.
As an international student who came to a foreign country, I knew nobody here and had no friends or family to rely on for support. It sounds almost incredulous to say, but it took me less than a day of living at Burgmann to forge friendships that I am sure will endure for years to come.
College events bring everyone together, and culture and socialisation are at an all time high on campus! It quickly becomes more than just a place of residence; it becomes a place you can happily call home.
Why choose Burgmann?
- 378 fellow residents with a vibrant mix of postgraduate and undergraduate students
- 'live-in' Residential staff: Principal, Deputy Principal & Dean
- 'live-in' Residential Fellows providing academic support
- over 50 Leadership opportunities for residents
- great and supportive friends to be made
- a shared learning community
- fully, self or flexi catering, providing for individual needs
- extensive social, arts & sporting programs
- strong pastoral care focus with 19 Residential Advisors
- great traditions, facilities and setting in which to undertake your degree
- Alumni Mentoring programs
- join notable Alumni including former Prime Ministers, Ministers, Justice of the High Court of Australia, Rockstars, Olympians and Rhodes Scholars